All-day training course, which will provide:
- Teaching on the principles and pedagogy of HQ Literacy Lessons (and cross-curricular literacy)
- An overview of the progression of Literacy acquisition from EYFS to Year 2 Exploration of the skills used to plan for and delivery effective dialogue in the classroom
- An understanding of the impact of ‘talk’ and HQ feedback on attainment and progress
- Opportunities to observe HQ Literacy teaching in a practical setting
- Examples of lesson planning, showcasing different teaching styles
- A chance to discuss how this learning can influence your own practice
A Twilight workshop session, will provide:
- An opportunity to plan a sequence of literacy lessons with TVI teachers
- Time to share best practice and planning with other colleagues
Bespoke Outreach Work:
Individually agreed with your school, to meet your requirements and needs.
You will choose from the following to take place within your own setting:
- Support with moderation of writing
- Guidance to re-craft your own planning
- Team teaching to implement this planning
- Lesson observation, feedback and target setting in your school
- The opportunity to review and share good practice within your own setting
- Advice and support in writing your own Literacy SDP
- Further bespoke work – talk to us about how we can help
The course will allow participants to experience the rich provision at Thames View Infants.
Training will be led by Assistant Headteacher Rosa Corcoran-Jones, a literacy specialist and Head of KS1. With 9 years teaching experience, Rosa also undertakes KS1 moderation on behalf of the LBBD Literacy Team.
Follow-up outreach work, tailored to your needs, will be provided by TVI Teachers.
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, contact telephone number and number of places required. Confirmation will be sent shortly afterwards. The course is genuinely offered free of charge, however once your booking has been confirmed, any cancellations or non-attendance will incur a £50 charge.
Lunch will be provided at the all-day training course.
There is limited parking at Thames View Infants and free parking on Bastable Avenue. Please use public transport where possible:
- Barking Station (District Line, London Overground, C2C Rail)
- EL1 and EL2 buses stop outside the school