Modular support – choose from the following:
- Outstanding Practice for NQTs to observe – from Nursery to Year 2 – rich in provision and high attaining
- NQTs can observe a range of high quality learning: Phonics, Guided Reading, Talk4Learning, Stamina in Writing, Early Literacy, Practical Maths, Teaching Technologies, PE, Free Flow in the EYFS.
- Joint observations for new mentors, offering guidance and target-setting advice.
- In-class support (at your setting or TVI) and/or a sequence of sessions tailored to your NQTs needs to help them flourish, including team teaching.
- Support with planning.
Bespoke Outreach Work:
Individually agreed with your school, to meet your requirements and needs.
The course will allow participants (NQTs or Mentors) to experience the rich provision at Thames View Infants.
Support will be led by Assistant Headteacher Amy Windsor, a maths specialist and Acting Head of KS1. With 9 years teaching experience, Amy also undertakes KS1 moderation on behalf of the LBBD Maths Team.
Follow-up outreach work, tailored to your needs, will be provided by TVI Teachers.
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, contact telephone number and number of places required. Confirmation will be sent shortly afterwards. The course is genuinely offered free of charge, however once your booking has been confirmed, any cancellations or non-attendance will incur a £50 charge.
Lunch can be provided.
There is limited parking at Thames View Infants and free parking on Bastable Avenue. Please use public transport where possible:
- Barking Station (District Line, London Overground, C2C Rail)
- EL1 and EL2 buses stop outside the school